Outreachy Internship Winter 2019

Hello. My Name is Grace Ninsiima. I am from Uganda, Africa. I have just completed my Bachelors of science in software engineering and currently developing my career as a software developer. I have learnt HTML, CSS, PHP, Javascript, Java and C programming languages.

I look forward to contributing to mUzima project of developing an HTML drag and drop form builder for mUzima mobile application forms as a potential intern. I have worked on a drag and drop web application before in JQuery and would like to challenge myself with this project since it is different from what I have done. Thank you.

1 Like

Hello
Am Joan Nakibuuka from Uganda. I am very passionate about utilization of information technology to better healthcare delivery and therefore very pleased to contribute to mUzima during this period and after. Looking forward to lots of sharing, learning and contributing to the fruition of the mUzima from builder project.
Nice meeting you all!
Cheers

1 Like

@mssavai, @bmokaya hello. I have gone through the tickets as per the link provided by Ada in the pinned message but all tickets have been assigned. Kindly assist.
Thank you!

1 Like

Hi @jnakibuuka, thanks for your interest. Some of the tickets such as MFB-12 allows multiple people to work on them. As you wait for more tickets, you can also test those tickets that have already been done and need testing. Please see updated contribution guideline/instructions via the following wiki page:

1 Like

Hi there Ada and Fellow applicants,

I’m working with the Basic Encounter Form Template, but for some reason, some of the fields aren’t accepting text when I try them, particularly those under the subheading “Demographics”. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is it just on my computer? Thank you in advance for the help!

@JenCiaccio, for non-registration encounter form template, the demographic section is for displaying demographic data from existing patient record. That’s why it’s not editable. For the non-demographic sections, most fields should be enabled, unless the requirements specify otherwise (e.g. calculated field of BMI based on input values of weight and height).

@ada.yeung got it, thank you!

1 Like

Hello there, I’m Sarah from Egypt I just finished my Bachelor in Computer Science
I’m experienced in front-end development and also have built some projects using java in faculty
I’m very excited to apply what I learned to mUzima project
Nice meeting you all!
Have a nice day

1 Like

Hi Ada,

My name is Gabriela, I’m from Brazil and I’m really interested in contributing with mUzima project, I fell that your project makes the social impact that I seek to achieve with technology.
I learned how to code in a Boot Camp for women’s and my skills are HTML, CSS, Javascript and React.

1 Like

Greetings to the mentors and fellow contributors! I am Mithlesh Singhal, a post-grad programming enthusiast from India. I would love to contribute to mUzima this winter and further too, as I have always dreamt of giving something to the society using my skills. And there couldn’t be a better opportunity than working with mUzima, because in this way, I would be indirectly contributing to the healthcare industry. Really excited!

All the best to my fellow contributors!
Winter is coming! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Hi @jnakibuuka, we have more new tickets. Feel free and assign yourself one.

2 Likes

@everyone, @mithleshsinghalss, @gabrielassena17, @sarah, @JenCiaccio, @jnakibuuka, @Grace, @Barine, @joan, @clmaciel, @msc2019, @aishat-akinyemi, @aashnajena, @namrata-jha, thanks again for your interests in Outreachy Internship Winter 2019 with mUzima! We are so excited to receive lots of enthusiasm and interests! Because of the overwhelming responses, mUzima Team has updated the guidelines so that it will help to make the contribution period more efficient. Please read the updated information on the banner and make sure you also read all the linked pages as well. If there is still any confusion, please post on this forum so @mssavai, @bmokaya and I will respond accordingly.

Thanks again for all of you!

1 Like

Thank you for the update, Ada!

1 Like

@mssavai, @bmokaya
what does “repeat” class refer to?

Hello Outreachy Applicants,
Please note that the application deadline will be 5th November 2019 per outreachy timelines. Kindly check the application page for more details.

Thank you @mssavai-admin.