Outreachy May'19-August'19

Hi mUzima members,

I am Oishika, an Outreachy aspirant. I have seen mUzima listed as one of the Outreachy participants. I am interested to work on the project ‘mUzima testing’ listed as the Outreachy project. Please guide me on the procedure of making contributions.

1 Like

Outreachy Internship December 2018-March 2019

Hello. I’m Anusha, a computer engineering student from India. I’m interested in working on the mUzima Testing project. I have prior programming experience in a variety of languages. I would love to get a more hands-on experience in testing. I will get started with exploring the app, and looking at tickets.

1 Like

Hello all,
I am Paarmita, an Outreachy aspirant. I am interested in working with mUzima project.
I have prior programming experience in a variety of languages and come from a computer science background. I would love to get more hands-on experience in testing. I will get started by exploring the app, and looking at tickets for my contribution.

1 Like

Hi all,
I’m Udoh Robert, a recent applicant from outreachy, and I would love to work on the mUzima testing project.
As a result of my passion for open source technologies and my constant usage of them, I want to give back to the open source community. Given my moderate skill level in tutorial writing, I know writing/modifying documentations will be a perfect fit for me, and this presents an opportunity for me to improve my skills while helping others.

2 Likes

Hi everyone,
I’m Maureen Josephine, an Outreachy internship Applicant, am a mobile developer enthusiast currently into Flutter for mobile application and I have some basics in Android programming. I’m interested in the mUzima Testing project and contributing to it. Looking forward to learn and to improve my skills thank you.

1 Like

Hello Everyone,
My name is Edidiong Asikpo, I am an Outreachy Internship applicant and I will love to work with mUzima during the Outreachy Internship. Please let me know how to get started. Thank you!

2 Likes

Welcome to mUzima, @Oishika, @AnushaS, @paarmita, @ekikoh, @Maureen, @Didicodes!

Please see Testing Beta Release of mUzima 2.4.0 for more information. Thanks!

0 Likes

Hello mUzima members,

I’m Hong Sim, an Outreachy applicant. I studied software engineering and have a little experience in software testing. I’m interested in mUzima Testing project. It is an opportunity for me to improve my testing and documentation writing skills as well as improve my communication skill and learn how to work in a global community. Moreover, contributing to the free and open source software is something I still want but didn’t dare to do. So joining the Outreachy internship with mUzima will be my first step in contributing to this community

1 Like

Welcome to mUzima, @sim.kawaii!

0 Likes

Hello everyone,

I am Kanchan from India, an Outreachy applicant. I am a third year student pursuing engineering in Information Technology. I have a little experience in documentation and I have confidence in my communication skills. I’m interested in the mUzima Testing project. I am looking forward to contributing to this project.

1 Like

Hi everyone,

I am a final year student at IIT Roorkee, and a self-learnt product designer. As a designer, I have always paid attention to details and minute issues, which can impact the overall experience drastically. During my previous work experiences, I have used Github and Google Docs for my documentation, Jira for tracking the overall health of the product and collaboration with the tech and business teams, Sketch and inVision for prototyping the designs. I am looking forward to contributing and working with mUzima on the Testing project since it lies in the domain of product handling and healthcare.

I have downloaded the app and started using it. I have also assigned myself tickets (issues) which are dating back to October 2018. Hoping to work and learn as much as possible.

1 Like

Welcome to mUzima, @shreyateeza @radhika12 and @Kanchan!

1 Like

Hello everyone !
I am Priyanka Yadav from University of petroleum and energy studies. I am currently in my sophomore year pursuing Btech. Computer science in specialization with Cloud computing. I am an intermediate android developer , I have been developing Android apps from past 1 year and mUzima testing project really interests me. Looking forward to a great experience with you guys !

@ada.yeung please help me regarding the tickets and testing procedure. I am not able to understand it clearly.

1 Like

Have you read Testing Beta Release of mUzima 2.4.0 yet?

A good example to reference to is https://tickets.muzima.org/browse/MUZIMA-629 by @h_supi.

1 Like

Hello! I’m Shiyue, a computer science student at US and originally from China. I am very interested in working on the mUzima Testing project. I have made small projects in a variety of languages and would love to test the skills that I’ve learnt on a big open source project. Look forward to this experience!

1 Like

Welcome to mUzima, @zhangs!

0 Likes

@ada.yeung I have questions on the final Outreachy application.

1. For the final application, the applicants have to fill out the timeline for the internship project.
  • I want to confirm that the intern project is the same as what is described on project description (create step-by-step testing tickets, create user manual template etc.). Any more tasks that I should add?
  • What detail should I include on the timeline?
  • Any schdule on mUzima project, such as conferences or app release date, that I should put on the timeline?
  1. Any community-specific questions on mUzima project that applicants have to answer on our final application?
0 Likes

Greetings everyone! I’m Manvi Gupta, a second year undergrad from Indian Institute of Technology, Mandi. I have a good sense of communication and nice documentation skills. I have a strong hold on C++ and python and have done some projects in these. Apart from that, I have also done some projects in deep learning and database management.
I am keenly interested in working with mUzima. I have installed the mUzima app and I am exploring it. Hope to learn a lot from the mUzima community!

1 Like

Hello everyone.
My name is Dara, I’m an Outreachy applicant.
I’m interested in the mUzima Testing application.
I have experience developing Android applications. I’m interested in the project to expand my documentation skills.

1 Like

hi,
I’m chinedu, a software developer and computer science student, i am applying for this outreachy project as part of my drive to be more involved in championing open source, as well as my curiosity in the application of technology in health.

1 Like